Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Back to Paris..

So, after a "leaky filling" and root canal and five weeks interrupting my earlier sojourn, I am yet once again in Europe.  I arrived last week, where I spent one night rough out at Charles de Gaulle..

You can walk out one of the side entrances, where airport employees go to smoke,
where's this hidden nook where you can pitch your bivy alongside the wall of the airport tramway,
and nobody will know you are there..
where there's this here view to enjoy as you drift off to sleep..

I came into Paris the next day, and have been staying at a hostel here since. I've been having good fun, and have seen many of the tourist sights I've been snobbishly skipping every time I've passed through Paris the past couple decades.  I'm based in the China town here, and have found one of the best Vietnamese restaurants I've ever eaten around the block.

Tomorrow, I begin walking toward Chartres. More images and such to come.



---

No comments:

Post a Comment