Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pictures of the Past Week: The Florida Panhandle

I took this with my crappy camera.  The Florida Caverns.
Happy Cows are from Florida..
Red Dirt Road.. Floridian Idyll.
Blackwater River:  Much, much more impressive in person than in this picture.. This river begs for an intertube or canoe.   I have a canvas chair that I planted in the middle of it (it's only about 6" deep in some of the middle parts) and read a couple chapters of Franscico de Osuna there.  Nothing like a little mystical recollection for a summer southern afternoon..
5 Turtles Sunning Themselves on a Log, Wukulla Spring
Alligator wallowing in reeds along Wukulla River
The Wukulla River


Crane, Image Taken From Boat on Wakulla River

And You're Welcome, Nikki. 



---

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures...I look forward to the next installment!
    d.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a weenie. I was just looking for something snarky to say about that picture when I noticed the caption... although, really, I'm pleased as a peacock that I got a shoutout. :)

    ReplyDelete