Sunday, December 11, 2011

About the Earthquake

There apparently was a 6.5 magnitude earthquake last night at 19:47 CT just south of Mexico City, during which a few people were killed.  The epicenter was in the state of Guerrero near Iguala, and was felt in Alculpulco.

If you zoom the map here out just a bit, you will see that that is quite far away from San Cristobal and Chiapas.  We felt nothing here.  The blue line is not the route I took to get here,  either.  Note how Oaxaca (where I was last week) and Puerto Escondido (where I was last month) are almost exactly in the middle of the two places, in the south.


View Larger Map

If you zoom out just a bit more, you'll see where I am headed next week: Cancun in the Yucatan to the northeast: that's that big bump sticking out into the Caribbean.  That's where I'm flying home from.

I hope that disambiguates the geography down here.  I should have posted a map a while ago, sorry.



---

No comments:

Post a Comment