Saturday, December 10, 2011

Fiesta de la Immaculada, San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

This is a clip I shot yesterday, which was the Feast of the Immaculate Conception  (no, sorry, technically it's now Saturday - the feast was Thursday the 8th, two days ago now) celebrating the union of SS. Joachim and Anne in the conception of Our Blessed Virgin.  One of the most romantic celebrations of our utmost romantic (read inspired of Rome) Faith.  Just a taste of the incredibly joyful public celebration here in Chiapas of the ongoing series of feasts leading up to that of Our Lady of Guadalupe this coming Monday:



I promise to post more on my multifarious adventures here in Southern Mexico later today.  Now (it's nearly one, and I'm dragging) I'm off to sleep, perchance to dream..



---

No comments:

Post a Comment