Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pictures of the Day: Jupiter to Naughty Laudy

I vowed to post a daily image from my peregrinations. Only a few days ago now, and I have already failed. I'm not taking many images, and a whole set that I thought I had taken I took without a memory card in the camera.. A couple of which were pretty cool. Just how I roll.

I recommit myself to that pledge, and will do better.

Here are a few random images from the last few days:


First, to the birdwatchers among you, please tell me what this is:


The picture I posted last week of the baby armadillos in the road that I called ardvaarks was jesting, I knew what they were. This, I know is a hawk. Or buzzard. A bird of prey, anyway. I saw it at Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park.

While I was there, I was fascinated by all the birds. I've always liked birds, as well as animals generally. But I've never been so fascinated before. I stayed there for hours watching them.

After I left I realized: I am now officially old. Next thing you know I'll be wearing adult diapers and a fedora, playing canasta poolside for quarters.

There are worse fates.


This one's for Cousin Mikey. Who I'm sure isn't reading the blog, but if he were would be dang jealous of my just getting naughty without him now in Laudy..










---

2 comments:

  1. Hey Charlie....
    That bird is a red shouldered hawk.....
    You have a great picture of it there!
    d.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting that, Mom.

    ReplyDelete